- The fun and games have started, as reported in the Daily Mail today.
- High Street retailers and luxury brands threaten to burn products returned by EU internet shoppers rather than bring them back to Britain to avoid cost and hassle of Brexit red tape - as online prices rise by a THIRD on items from EU
- Internet shoppers are facing extra duties and charges for goods to be delivered
- Has meant many shoppers in UK and EU have rejected orders and refused to pay
- Could be cheaper for retailers to burn the goods rather than pay the return costs
In the body of the article, actual cases are reported, so it's not a case of 'could' but is happening on a wide scale.
It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm talking here about EU intransigence and the huge trade imbalance in their favour and at our expense.